Data Engineer, Platforms Team
Oklahoma City or Full Time Remote
Oseberg is a young company that’s growing fast because we offer a compelling new approach to leveraging oil & gas data.
Hundreds of geologists, engineers, landmen, and businesspeople in the oil & gas industry use our software and data sets. Oseberg enables these users to discover new opportunities, scout their peers and competitors, and execute their own strategies at a scale and speed that was previously unimaginable.
As a Data Engineer on our Data Platform Team, you'll be responsible for ensuring our core data product is top-notch. Our team's goal is to build a scalable data platform for acquiring, storing, processing, transforming, and preparing all of the company's data using modern data processing techniques. Our expertise is building datasets at scale. Data engineers gain experience in distributed processing, leveraging technologies like Postgres, Apache Flink, and Apache Kafka.
We Are Looking For:
We’re looking for an engineer who models our core values:
- Demonstrable experience designing and building data processes.
- Comfortable with independence and autonomy.
- Excellent communication skills. Candidates should be comfortable explaining their decisions as well as actively listening to input from their teammates.
- Attention to detail and able to resolve ambiguity.
- Respectful of teammates.
- Not intimidated by lack of present knowledge but has confidence in ability to learn, i.e. you live to grok not the other way around.
- Warrior's spirit and a servant's heart.
- Takes pride in their work and derives joy from the value it provides.
- Enjoys thinking differently and solving problems in creative ways.
A successful candidate will have the following competencies:
- Strong SQL skills
- Postgres (or similar database)
- Data pipelines and ETL processes
- Be comfortable working with structured and unstructured data
- ElasticSearch (if not already proficient, willing to learn quickly)
Experience with the following is not required but a bonus:
- Oil-and-Gas (O&G) industry domain knowledge
- Apache Flink, Apache Spark, Hadoop, or similar data processing framework
- Apache Kafka
- NoSQL methodologies
- GIS and geospatial technologies (PostGIS, ArcGIS suite)
- Scala, Java, or another JVM based language (we use Scala)
- Scripting (bash, Python)
- Linux (or other *nix environment)
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org